I'm prepping for my future pantry as a married woman! I made 26 jars of applesauce from apples my mom and I picked from some trees on the side of the road near our house. No pesticides! :)
Here's what I did:
1. I quartered and cored the apples.
2. Then I boiled them in a pasta pot for easy straining until soft.
3. I then took the hot apples and put them into the good processor. Skins and all! The skins are where the majority of the nutrients are.
4. Blend until saucy.
5. Put into jars and run a knife through to prevent air pockets.
6. Then can them and let simmer for 20 minutes to seal.