Monday, April 1, 2013

Save the Date Tutorial!

 

Before I got engaged I looked at some really cute save the date post cards on some popular websites and I saved a few of my favorites on Pinterest. When I looked back (when I had a budget in mind)  I was shocked at the prices! Those websites wanted at least a dollar a piece and some close to two dollars for one card! I thought to myself there had to be something cheaper.

Here is what I made!

savethedates

Photography by James Stokes Photography

So… I debated whether or not to do this post because this site is so good it should be a secret.. ;)  I found by far the cheapest way to do save the dates that I have seen!

The site is Vistaprint.com! For 100 postcards you could pay as little as $17.49! Compared to over $100-$200!! The secret is to make your own postcard and NOT to use a template.

(I believe the regular price is $24.99 but there appeared to be a sale when I took the screen shots. That’s still only 24 cents a piece!) 

Here is the tutorial:

-

This could easily work for birth announcements, graduations, or any other event! I’m going to do the thank you cards this way as well!

 

sig3

2 comments:

Hadassah said...

Thanks for the tutorial! I should remember this for my graduation which will be in 2 years. :)

Dicky Bird said...

You did such a good job - thrifty too.