Monday, April 8, 2013

Crockpot Granola!

I've used my crockpot quite since I have been living in the dorms at UW Stevens Point and I've had to be really creative to make all my meals in the microwave, crockpot, and my George Forman. It's been so worth it though to eat healthy and save money! Here is a recipe I came up with for crockpot granola for the single person (it can be doubled):

1 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs maple syrup
1/4 cup dried fruit
1 cup rolled oats
(I didn't have nuts or I would have added them too)

I microwaved the oil and syrup for 45 seconds and added it to the dry ingredients. I put that in the crockpot for about an hour with the top off. Then I transferred it to a plate to dry. It turned out crisp and sweet! I love the coconut flavor!
It makes five 1/4 cup servings and is around 3 weight watcher points plus value.

p.s. I did this post with my new iPhone! I love it!!



1 comment:

Dicky Bird said...

Looks good! Good job on saving money too.