Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Reusable “Ziploc” Bag

021new
I’ve seen these on Etsy and around the Blog World.  It’s a reusable snack bag that I plan to put in my purse for any quick snacks I need. :)
All I used to make this was cotton fabric, vinyl, Velcro, my sewing machine, and some rick-rack.
In order to make it reusable and easy to wash, all of the seams have to be on the outside. So I sewed the Vinyl and cotton together to make two squares and then sewed the Velcro to the tops of the squares. Then I sewed both squares together on the outside, leaving the Velcro ends unsewed.
014
Then I folded the fabric in to make a clean edge (above) and sewed the rick-rack to pretty it up. :)
023new
Shiny vinyl that will be easy to clean when I turn it inside out!


Here is a great tutorial done by Anna of Anna Can Cook.
IMG_7322
   Her’s turned out great!  Check it out here: Reusable Ziploc Bag.







linking here