Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Zipper Flower

 

I’ve seen these zipper flowers done before and I wanted to give it a try.

I got a bag of zippers at Goodwill for cheap and with a needle and thread, pin back, and a piece of fabric it was very inexpensive. 

 

zipper

  • First I cut the zipper so it was two long strips unattached.
  • Then I started rolling and sewing it on to itself like in the first picture. … I left the cute circle end for the “leaf.” 
  • Then I glued a piece of fabric to the back to cover up the yucky sewing, like in picture two.  (It dries clear)
  • Finally I glued on the pin.

 

Ta Da!

 

new2new

sig3

Linking here… :)

5 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

You forgot to mention that you received a blue ribbon at the fair with this pin.

Lynda @ {ubersavvy} said...

This is beautiful! I make brooches too. I am curious -what glue do you use to stick the pin on? Lynda

Just Jaime said...

Cute! So many possibilities !

Pamela said...

Love, love...can't wait to try! Wonder if my goodwill has zippers. :-)

Reba @ R.Kay Design said...

Really cute. I bought a zipper for a bracelet but it's too long, I'm going to try this. You should check out the bracelet, I posted a link on my Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RKayDesign.