Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flower Headband

 

Sorry for the long delay in posts.  I've been battling a long cough/cold.  :(

Here is another project I entered in the fair.  I got a first place, and it was really simple to make.  :)

009new

First I cut out three clover-ish shaped flowers and sewed them with a loose stich and gathered them.

Then I cut out a rectangle of the knit fabric big enough to wrap my head and sewed the ends together to make a large circle. 

011new

Next I pinched one end and pinned it, then I sewed across the wrinkles. 

Finally I cut out a little rectangle to cover the mess (optional) and I sewed on the flowers by hand one on top of another.  I also added a button for the center.

010new

Here’s how it turned out.  :)

031

012new020new

030new

Linking here.. :)

sig3

7 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Cute pictures of you!

Christal said...

Super cute!!!

Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

Really cute! I might have to make one for myself. :) I'm a new follower.

Amanda @ www.thelittlegiggler.blogspot.com

eye_on_sparrow said...

That headband is very sweet on you thanks for sharing.

Cherished Bliss said...

I love knit headbands! They are so comfy! Thanks for linking up this week to Craft and Tell!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

I featured this on my blog tonight! Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday. Stop by and grab a button! :) http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/08/your-whims-wednesday-21-and-features.html

Katie said...

OMG! this is so cute. I never thought to make a headband like this!

Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy last week. We hope you will join us again!