Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Before and After: T-Shirt to Skirt

 

I just spent the weekend at the Edgar Steam Engine Show and Flea market.  There were about a thousand venders and I got some really cool stuff!  I can’t wait to start some projects ;)  My mom did a post about it in her blog Dicky Bird's Nest.

The project I'm going to share with you today is something is an upcycing project is did by turning a shirt into a skirt.  

What you need: A t-shirt a size or two too big and a sewing machine.

                                                  Before

                                                       After

006new

First I cut off collar of the shirt.  I liked the buttons so I kept them on and cut around them.  Also cut off the sleeves. 

Then I cut the skirt into a A-line shape and sewed the sides.

Next I sewed the collar around the skirt to finish the top edge.

Finally I used the sleeves to make pockets and sewed them on the sides. 

007new

                                    I think it turned out ok. :)

035new

 

034new

…Linking here

3 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Really cute and good idea! Bootylishous too... :) - this is her mom...

Ashley said...

very cute!!!

Katie said...

Great job! I never thought to transform a shirt to a skirt... only dresses to skirts. I'd love if you came and linked up at Sew Woodsy today!