Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weather-Proof Flower Flip Flops

I finally competed my project with my Old Navy $1 flip flops I got at the beginning of summer. 
I knew I wanted to make flowers on them but I was worried about them getting dirty or wet. 
So I decided to make them out of an old purse! 
Weather-proof pleather! :)
Before
           before 004before

(It wasn’t a real Prada bag- no fear. :) )
1
Turn the bag inside out and seam rip

2
Cut three circles of varying sizes then cut out the flower shape.
Punch hole in center.
Picnik collage3
I painted an old button and put on a weather-proof varnish.
4
Then I attached them all together with elastic and tied it on the flip flop.
Also I punched a hole in the flip flop side and on the edge of the flower to keep it from moving so much. 

After
Picnik collage after

Do you have any flop flops ideas? :)

sig3

Linking to these parties..  :)

17 comments:

Josh said...

Great idea! I'm glad you put those flip flops that we got to good use! :)

Josh said...

Great idea! I'm glad you put those flip flops that we got to good use! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed! You are the most creative person...and these flip flops are darling! Very well done...

Mrs. Korns

Christal said...

I LOVE these. I might have to try it out! =)

Dicky Bird said...

"super C U T E" old navy song....

Ashley said...

way stinkin cute girl! i love them:)

A.Vang said...

Darling! Now where is that old purse I have?

Abby said...

What a great idea to use an old purse! Love it!

Sarah @ Sarahndipities said...

These are darling! Such a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Jess@Balancing The Dream said...

so so cute!

Tink's Spin said...

cute cute,, think i would use crochet flowers cause i am a crocheter but these are adorable ,, gonna show them to my daughter, she will love them, Have a great week end , Tink

Anonymous said...

This is a really nice blog you got here. The theme is great! Color combination is awesome.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

cute!!!! makes me want to dig out all of my old purses....

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What an absolutely adorable DIY! Well done.

I hope that you will stop by and enter my giveaway.

Happy Monday!

Katie said...

Love the flip flops! Thank you for linking up last week at Sew Woodsy. We hope you'll join us again this week!

Ricochet said...

Super cute! I love cutting up and recycling old purses.
Best,
Rikka J.
Ricochet and Away!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea!! I made flip-flops last summer with silk flowers, but after awhile the just got icky from wearing them so much and getting wet. I'm definetely going to make these!! Thanks :D