Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day Picnic

 

This week I am celebrating to things:

The birth of America and my two year anniversary with my boyfriend, Josh!

To celebrate we went up north to go swimming and shopping in little towns. 

I packed us a picnic to eat by the lake. :)

 

Included I made blueberry pie!  One of Josh’s favorites as well as mine. :)

I made the crust and filling all by hand.   I used my Grandma’s Fool Proof Pie Crust recipe.  Except I used whole wheat flour instead of white.  I turned out pretty well!

It makes enough for two pies.

0011

For the filling I added:

5 Cups of fresh blueberries

2 TBS of flour

2/3 Cup sugar. 

Mix it together and put it in your crust and bake until top crust is golden brown.  I did a lattice.

I forgot to take a picture of it before I cut it so I took a picture of the last lonely piece this morning.

 

002_picnik0033

 

Linking to some of these parties...  :)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

aw thanks for sharing the recipe.. this looks great... Thanks so much for linking up to "Tell me Tuesdays!"
xoxo
ash

Dicky Bird said...

It is so rewarding to see your children do something better than you. Justine is better at baking pies and bread than me. This blueberry pie was good - even with whole wheat...:)

Justine said...

:)