Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Skirt with Flowered Wrap

I went to JoAnn Fabrics and they had a sale on their scraps of fabric.  I got a little over a yard of this red knit fabric I thought would be perfect for a summer skirt. I also got some black and grey knit stretch fabric too.
Here is my first attempt :)
………… 
001_picnik
I first took a skirt I know fits me and folded it in half and cut four skirt halves not including the waist.
006new

Then I pinned two together and made one whole side.  Repeat and keep separate for now.
007new

Sewing…
008new

Pin the bottom edges and sew a hem. 
I used a tighter tension and a zig zag stitch to create a flare.
011new

Cut a piece for the waist and pin and sew.
010new

There it is sewn.
013new

Sew both halves of the skirt together and measure the elastic for the waist.
014new

Fold over the waist over the elastic and pin to make a clean edge.
016new

Sew the last edge to finish the skirt!

The wrap:
017new

Cut a long piece of fabric.
To finish the edge I sewed a zig zag stich on the edge
020new

Cut flower by folding the fabric like I did in my Fabric Flower Tutorial
022new

Layer them and sew on to the bottom of the wrap.

7

036new
041new
038new

sig3


Parties I will be linked to:


Anything Relatedlil luna link party button Laugh Love and Craft
PhotobucketCatch a Glimpse Button Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenDragonfly DesignsIhookedupwithHoHlamespice

6 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love the color and the wrap!

Moquelish said...

I love the details the flowers add. Nice job.

Jordan McCollum said...

I like how the flowers turned out!

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Still fawning over your blog's name. Love the red!

Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday...

Tink's Spin said...

well that turned out really cute,, i love it that more people and especially young one are sewing more, it is really cute, the boots are too.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

so cute! love the flowers!

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday :)