Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Fabric Flower Hair Piece

 
 
 
Spring and summer time makes me so excited to wear cute and fun pieces!
I wore this fabric flower hair piece on Easter Sunday.
I think I'll make one to go with every outfit!
Now you can too!
 
 
Cut about 15 to 20 squares of fabric to start.
You can add more later for volume.
The bigger the square the bigger the flower.
 

Fold in half to make a triangle.


 
Then in half again.


 
Cut it into a "heart."


 
Open it up. Voila!


 
Fold the flower into a little petal.
Extra creases and folds make for a pretty flower!
Thread a needle and put it through the bottom.
 
 
Make more petals following steps 1-6
and thread them on the string.


 
Bunch them all together.
 
 
 
Thread the bottoms of each to make the petals
fit together without gaps.
 
To make it into a hair piece I attached two safety pins on
opposite ends and tacked them down with bobby pins.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Parties I linked to:

lil luna link party button
Make it Yours @ My Backyard EdenLaugh Love and Craft<br />http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Photobucket

10 comments:

Amber Branconier said...

super cute!

Katie said...

I love this flower! Thank you for linking up to Sew Woodsy. I too, am your newest flower! :)

The Mom @ Babes in Hairland said...

So very cute. Thanks for the tut'!

Melody said...

Cute idea and so..sew....easy! Hey if you come by my blog you'll find yourself on bloglist!
Now that we know where we are in Blogland let's not be strangers 8D

Justine said...

Thanks everyone!

Thanks Melody! I will add you to my bloglist as soon as I make one! :) I'm still pretty new to blogging :)

Danielle said...

I love these. A fabric flower totally makes any hairstyle look cuter. I always try to use these. Oh and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I am excited you will be coming back often to visit. Hope you have a wonderful day:>

First said...

super cute!

Christine - Tutorial Addict lol said...

LOVE the flowers! That would be so cute on SO many things! Great tutorial :D

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

Aw this is so cute! I love the flower patterned one especially :)

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Sachiko said...

Great tutorial. Thank you for linking to my party!