Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sweat Skirt..

An old pair of sweat pants
+ a sewing machine
+ scissors
= a new skirt



Not sure if I like the sound of "Sweat Skirt" ..since sweating isn't very attractive... but you guys get the idea. ;)



I liked the lacy bottoms to these pants but the faux-velvet  material just wasn't that flattering as pants.. so I snip snip sniped and voila, a skirt!



                        



                        Step 1: Cut off the top










Step 2: Cut open the legs






Step 3: Cut the seam between the top part at the sides and match with a pant leg.


Step 4: Set it all out

 



Step 5: Sew up the seam on both sides and at the waist.


All done!









3 comments:

Christal said...

AWESOME!
I wish I knew how to run a sewing machine! Looks great!

Justine said...

Thanks!

AveryRay said...

In the famous words of Tony the Tiger. They'rrrrre Great!!!