Thursday, April 28, 2011

Chihuahua Outfit - Made from Leggings

This is Dory... :)
She is a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier mix and she loves to wear clothes!
I decided to recycle an old pair of leggings I don't wear anymore into a cute shirt for her.

*************************************************


**************************************************************
     ****************************************************
***************************




Cut the leg off of a pair of leggings about the
 size of the dog's body

 
Next cut two slits on the sides for the arms


Cut off two more pieces from the legging for the sleeves
and cut the sides to make a long piece of fabric



Zig-zag sew the arm piece making a clean hem on both arms



Sew the arm piece to the slit on the body-
 right sides together



Fold over the edge of the arm pieces



Sew the seam underneath



How the seam looks finished


Zig-Zag sew the bottom. 
I liked how the spandex made it curly.



All Done and ready for modeling!

*
*
*
*
v








I love that dog....








9 comments:

Christal said...

Love it!! So she really doesn't mind being "shirted" huh? Oscar goes bananas when I put a shirt or even a harness on him.
So cute!!

Dicky Bird said...

Very creative way to recycle!

ropcorn said...

Aww so cute! My dog doesn't enjoy having clothes on her as much as yours. But I dress her up anyway sometimes, lol! Just to mess with her a little bit. :p

And I love how you recycle and come up with ideas like this. Nicely done!

Couture Cupcake said...

Ok so first of all that is freaking cute and second my chihuahua hates wearing clothes but she will be wearing this and third please come check out my blog http://stuffitwithacupcake.blogspot.com/ :)

Justine said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Tonya said...

too cute!! thanks for sharing!!

Justine said...

Thanks for stopping by!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hello, friend! I'm admiring your creativity as shown in your blog so will you kindly share some of your posts in the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

Dog Hot Spot said...

This shirt will be extra comfy for Dory. It has your scent.