Monday, March 21, 2011

"I Yam What I Yam"




This magnet has been apart of my house for as long as I can remember.  When I got my first locker in seventh grade I took this magnet to fill up some of the empty space.  When I was in middle school this was an anthem that seemed to go unheard.  Mostly by me. Now that I am in college, and have gone through many personal changes, I realize this is magnet is so true. 



When i was reading my Bible recently, I came a across this verse that reminded me of this very magnet:

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain. On the contrary, I worked harder than any of them, though it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me" 1 Corinthians 15:10 ESV

By any means I'm not saying I worked harder than any Christian I know.. And i can't even pretend to know how hard Paul, the writer of this passage, worked for God... 

 All I know is I am who I am today... I am alive today.. only by the grace of God.  And anything I
do is obviously not because of my abilities... I'm nothing special.. It is only God working through me.  :)  
Just something to remember...  





2 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

:} I'm so proud of you and what you are!

Justine said...

:)