Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thought of the Day.. :)

Today's thought of the day comes from  Antoine de Saint-Exupéry's The Wisdom of the Sands.


"Man is, above all, he who creates... To create may be to miss a step in the dance; or to deal a chisel stroke awry when you are carving stone. Little matters it what the gesture brings forth. To you in your blindness such an effort may seem fruitless, for you bring your eyes too close. Only stand back and observe from a distance the activity in this quarter of the city. You shall see there a vast ardor and a golden cloud of dust billowing above the work. No longer will you notice gestures that go astray."


This is such a powerful quote to me! Its saying that sometimes man's finest works are mistakes.  I may see the flaws in my own work but once I stand back those mistakes seam to fade.  Its because I put time into the art, and love it despite its flaws. In fact the flaws make the art unique. 


I think its the same thing with God.  He loves us despite our obvious flaws.  We are His creation.  He sees our mistakes and sin and works in us to create the best work of art.  I soul that reflects His love.  :)


"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10 NIV